Rambling

Saturday, February 26, 2011
I figured since Zephran is napping I will do an update since I haven't in awhile! We are all doing good, I am doing so much better PPD wise, I do have my bad days but they are coming few and far between. My only issue now is getting over the tiredness, it seems I have been exhausted since starting the new antidepressants but I am hoping that going back to the gym and getting to bed earlier will help. I went to the gym last week, ha vent been back since, just need to manage my time better but I will be going again on Monday and then working out with Dean at the Legion before weigh in on Tuesdays as I have also went back to Weight Watchers. I am having a harder time following that as I have been going on Deliveries with Dean in the evenings when he is working which poses a risk of me smelling all of the food he is delivering and us getting fast food, not good. I think what I should do is eat at home and then go with him around 7 or 8 at night and that way I wont be tempted to eat a bunch of fast food. I really want to lose 50lbs by August, that's around 10lbs a month which isn't to much considering I am hoping to hit the gym for an hour at least each day or at least 3 times a week, Plus once it's nice enough out we are going to go for walks as well. I really need to practice some back carries before we go to Calgary cuz we are going to be going to the zoo and we wont have room for the stroller and our suitcase.

Zephran is growing up soooo fast. I miss my little bean and I cannot believe he is going to be 5 months old, next thing you know he'll be 14 and telling me he hates me haha. He has begun rolling him self around the living room floor now which means we will have to keep things higher so he doesn't pull cords or movies of of anything! Soon enough he will be crawling! He loves his exersaucer and he also likes to stand up while holding your hands. We see his doctor on Wednesday so we will see how big he is then! He is wearing some 3 month clothes but mostly 6 month and up clothes now. He sleeps through the night though he has been waking up a few more times in between. I am pretty sure he will be cutting teeth soon as he is verrrrry drooly and likes to chew more on my finger or his hand when he is cranky, I have definitely noticed a difference when he has his amber teething necklace on however, he is much less cranky when he is wearing it!

It has been awesome having Dean home. He is the biggest help ever and has made my PPD so much better, I have been able to have some me time as well as get more sleep, our house is cleaner and we are happy! Zephran is happy about it too! He loves his daddy and they have so much fun together, definitely a bonus. I will never take him for granted that's for sure. I miss him at night though as I am not used to him being gone then, but it is nice to have the option to go with him and when baby is fussy it definitely helps to put him in his car seat and go for a drive, it's an instant sleep aid for him! We also have to start planning out wedding soon since it is next year, we are also planning a vacation for this summer, I am thinking BC maybe, a nice trip in the mountains!

I am still pumping milk for Zephran, I have actually had to start freezing some every now and then, definitely makes me happy and takes a load off to be producing enough for baby. I pump 3 times a day and am getting around 35oz plus a day, Zephran eats around 30-35 a day so it works out good. I am planning pumping until he is 8-10 months old and with doing baby led weaning he will also get some solids around 8 months and once he is eating enough solids and has cut down on milk intake I will probably cut back pumping and start using my frozen supply!

We are also looking into moving to Lethbridge within the next year or so as I want to attend the LPN program at Lethbridge college and I am hoping to take my Doula certification before then, even if I take my Doula training and can get on as a Doula in Medicine Hat we may end up staying! Anyways I feel like I am rambling all over the place so until next time!

1 comments:

Meg Says:
February 28, 2011 at 8:04 AM

That is so awesome that Dean is able to stay home with you, I can see how that would help with you PPD for sure! I wish Dustin could be home with us too, Dagney is in such a better mood when the both of us are around. Now please tell Zephran to tell Dagney to sleep better too. I am wearing thin lol If it was just the normal wakes for feedings I would fine but he wakes 5-15 times a night!! aaaahhh!! Good luck with the weigh loss, you can do it! I lost 50 pounds once, a couple years prior to Dagney and working out at the gym helped a ton. I think the eating before you go with dean on his deliveries is a good idea. I eat before we go grocery shopping because if I don't I end up buying too much crap. lol

Post a Comment