Day 3 of new meds and they are not giving me an easy ride. The side effects are not nice, the headache and stomach cramps are the worst of it, mostly the headache, however my milk supply has increased. Before I was getting around 20oz a day and yesterday I was up to 25, so far today I've gotten 13oz so I'm hoping to get around 25 or more today if possible. I'd like to make around 30 oz or more a day if possible so I'm hopeful this will work. As for the anti-depressants, meh they aren't working as of yet but it takes quite awhile so we'll see.
In other news STOMP was fricken amazing, seriously entertainment at its best. I never could have imagined people could make sounds and beats with plastic bag and paper bags or brooms and garbage cans. Pure awesomeness. I however am starting to worry more about my mom. I am scared that her husband is not treating her nicely and I will not put up with it, serious you hurt my mom and I break your face, end of story. She deserves the world, especially for how she takes care of him and what she does for him. I also do not need the added stress of it either.
Dean is probably gonna be home during the days soon which is awesome, though I am a bit nervous cuz I don't want us to drive each other insane. With him home though I should be able to get my schooling done and maybe after I get that done I can start going to the gym! It'll be good to enjoy our son's first year together and to watch him grow and learn new things. Dean and I are going out tonight on a date. We don't get to have them very often anymore but I cherish them when we do.
I posted a link today about how breastfeeding stats have went up in the world with exclusively breastfeeding until 6 months at least and its started a bit of controversy as it usually does. People will choose what they want for their kids, even when world health organizations everywhere say that 6 months is when you should start solids and not until. People are always well i gave them this at this old and our parents are always saying well we did this with you and you survived, that's not the point. Crack heads smoke crack and have babies that are fine, does that mean we should smoke crack while pregnant? No. Delaying solids is very beneficial, babies stomachs are not meant to handle solids before then, that doesn't mean people who do feed there kids solids before then will have a sick child or that there child will be slow or anything but its 6 months for a reason, if anyone wants to read why its 6 months here is a link to some VERY good info:http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/delay-solids.html. Personally we won't be starting solids early, or even at 6 months, we plan on doing baby led weaning which if you want to read more about that here is a link:http://www.babyledweaning.com/ . We also wont be doing rice cereal or puree's as rice cereal has no nutritional value and with the baby led weaning it teaches baby to chew before swallow. Its very interesting actually. I believe so strongly in educating yourself when you are pregnant, on everything from labour and delivery, to being a parent. You don't go buy a new car before reading up on it do you, I know bad reference but still!
Anyways I am off to pump and feed a hungry little milk monster. Until next time!


0 comments:
Post a Comment