I have a lot to say, so this may be long.
I have come to the realization that no one likes to hear that they are doing something wrong, especially when it comes to raising their children. Yesterdays post caused A LOT of drama and when I mean a lot I mean a lot. It involved me getting BOMBARDED with texts from an old friend, harassing me in a sense and telling me I was a hypocrite. How I am a hypocrite I have no idea as I practice what I preach and links I post to facebook. I do my research and my info DOES NOT come from a wiki site, it comes from reputable resources. I am very tired of hearing "Well I did this and that and my child is fine" That's nice, people smoke crack and shoot heroin and their children can end up fine as well, does that mean you should do it? No. Also believing everything a doctor tells you is crap. Doctors are not always right just because they went to school for 7 or longer years. How did the world ever survive without a doctor telling you everything you need to know? People take thing way to personally, like I am judging them because they did this or that, I really could care less what you do, I am not here to judge I am here and posting things because I follow them and because I am trying to educate people as well. I plan on training to be a Doula and then Midwife, when I post these things then will you continue to take it as me judging you? You shouldn't because I know what I am doing is best for my child, not yours. I have people on my facebook who didn't breastfeed, who feed their kids steak at like 5 months, you don't see me bombarding them with info or telling them they are wrong. I am stating FACTS, Breastfeeding is best, whether or not you choose to do it is your choice, feeding solids before 6 months CAN have detrimental effects, this is also a FACT, does it mean it will for surely happen, no but that is not the point, there are many cases of if you do this, this could happen, it doesn't mean it will but still. If you don't like what I post on here or on my facebook then don't say anything and if you do then so be it but I will state my opinion right back, which will be backed up with fact, no one has given me facts showing shoving food in your under 6 month old mouth is beneficial. Also yes I am choosing to delay/not vaccinate, did you know that mot of the vaccinations don't guarantee that your child won't get the illness, did you know that most of those diseases are soooooo rare. For example, Tetanus, well your going to get a shot if you step on a rusty nail anyways. I was vaccinated, still got mumps, still got chicken pox and still got measles and whooping cough. Wow what good those vaccinations did. Since people are giving me a lot of flack and telling me I'm spewing crazy baby mama shit I decided to remove people from facebook as well as block phone numbers. Talking shit behind my back also does not fly with me so bye bye negativity and uneducated people, have a nice life! I always found it funny when people who had already had kids were asking me, a first time mom for advice. I feel better though removing these people from my life, they don't need to be there, they are not benefiting me in any way shape or form. Some mean things were said, I'm definitely not proud of that but being told I'm jealous because I can't breastfeed, and that I'm harming my son by taking antidepressants and not vaccinating and also that I mooch off my fiance is definitely worth a fight back. I don't directly breastfeed but he still gets the liquid gold and he also still tries to breastfeed, my antidepressants do not harm him either and I'm sorry but the alternative to them is not taking them and risking my sanity and the well being of myself and my child. Vaccinating, well you read what I wrote above and that I mooch off Dean is bullshit. I guess every mom that stays home must mooch off her husband then. We as a couple decided to have a baby, he wasn't an oops, it was a decision and we are doing just fine. People are so concerned with my life and what I do when all I care about is doing what is best for our child! He is mine and Deans main priority. If you don't agree with how I raise my son then good on ya because he isn't your child. I will always listen to opinions and there are always different circumstances for everything. If I lose friends which I already have then they were not good friends to begin with! I say C'est la vie!
In other exciting news, my Doula Michelle has asked me to guest post on her businesses blog! I am very excited to do this as I feel that my struggles will be able to help others and maybe give them some insight into what its like to be a first time mom to a premie!
I am off however to pump and then to have a nice relaxing massage!!


1 comments:
February 5, 2011 at 10:48 AM
Its funny how you make a statement of opinion and known facts and people think you are judging them for making the opposite decision. All it is is guilt. They feel guilty for what they did and they know they really shouldn't have, but they are still so stubborn to back themselves up against those studies and facts. IT would be totally different if we constantly made FB status updates saying "who ever vaccinated, formula fed, circumcised their child is a horrible parent and needs better education" THAN I can see a shit storm of people backing themselves up and I wouldn't blame them. People need to grow up I say. Enjoy your massage for me!!!
Post a Comment