One foot in the door

Saturday, April 2, 2011
I am very excited to say that I have officially registered for my Doula training to receive my certification! It is a 3 days course in Calgary in May and I decided to take it through DONA International as the lady who is teaching CAPPA is unsure and does not know when she will know if she can continue teaching or not and I do not want to miss out on taking the training in May. I am however planning to complete the Labour doula training through DONA and then possibly taking my post partum doula training Distance wise through CAPPA as well as possibly attending some waterbirth seminars in the future and some breastfeeding classes too. I went and purchased my first book that I need to read prior to attending the training, the rest I plan to get in eBook form however I need to return my Kobo and get the Kindle since I can get all of the books through the Kindle and not the Kobo, kind of a piss off but none the less worth it! I am glad I get to choose which ones I want to read type thing. The one I have to read prior is Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn by Penny Simkin, definitely one I am interested in. I plan on reading Ina May's guide to childbirth as well as The nursing mothers companion, there are a few others I have to read as well and I am definitely looking forward to it! I have to attend 3 births and be evaluated and I may already have someone to fill one of those spots! I cannot wait to support women and their families and help educate them on pregnancy, childbirth and parenting!!! I am so glad I decided to take this step now and get one foot in the door to help in my eventual goal of becoming a midwife!

3 comments:

~Sherel Says:
April 4, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Good for you Kaitlin! I am so happy that you are on your way towards your goals. You are going to make a great doula and midwife. I am looking forward to watching your progress and can't wait to work with you. Good luck with everything. I hope the training goes well.

Anonymous Says:
April 4, 2011 at 1:52 PM

So proud of you, Kaitlin! Since I've been blessed to know you, I've been able to witness your strength, passion, perseverance and empathy. You will be an incredible servant of birthing women and their families. We are so excited to walk beside you on this journey. XOXO

Meg Says:
April 12, 2011 at 4:03 PM

I can't read the whole thing, because Dagney is getting into something and I need to go, but thats AWESOME! I plan to do the same thing, but I plan to do it after I have all my kiddies in schooling so I can souly focus on it and only it. But yayyy exciting!

Post a Comment