A new home

Friday, April 29, 2011
Its been awhile since my last post and since then we have moved! I lovvvvee our new place, we are still renting but its a house and we have a yard and laundry facilities which means YES we are now cloth diapering! I was so excited to jump on that band wagon as it saves so much money as well as saves the environment, and well they are cute!

Anyways back to the move. We packed for about a week and were ready for the move on the 23rd (we moved in a week early so that we had time to clean the old place). I was sooo happy that a lot of our friends and family came out to help us move which made the transition way easier and we were all moved over within about 2 hours as well as fully unpacked by the end of the next day. By the 3rd day we had our pictures hung and were quite comfy! My favourite thing about the house is the floors, no carpet, all hardwood and lino which means I got a swiffer and I enjoy cleaning the floors on a daily basis now haha. The only negative I find is that it is regularly freezing in here and I would prefer not to have to run the heater 24/7, we'll find a happy medium though!

On another note Zephran is now almost 7 months old and has started saying "Mamamama" seriously the cutest thing ever and now int he past day or two he's been saying it in a throaty type tone, almost demonic like haha creepy yet funny! He can half army crawl backwards and rolls everywhere, he also loves to stand and jump in his exersaucer. He is still exclusively breastfed though we are thinking that in the next week or two we will sit him in his highchair and put some food on there and see what he does, if he wants to eat it he can and if not then no harm in it! I have also decided to not always pump 3 times a day but sometimes cut it down to 2, I am still getting 30 oz or so a day which is enough for Zephran and I have two boxes of frozen milk. My goal was to make it to 8 months at least, if I can go longer then I will, if not I will still have him on Breastmilk whether its mine or someone else's.

I am starting to get excited and a bit nervous for my Doula course. It is on May 13-15th in Calgary and I know its going to be an amazing experience! I hope that in being a Doula I can make a huge change in many women's and families lives and I hope to make their birth a wonderful experience!

In other news, I have finally started to lose weight! It is slow coming off but hey its better than gaining or staying the same. So far I am down 10 pounds, its not noticeable and it probably wont be until I am down a good 30-50 pounds I'd say but I am still proud and still going to keep it up. I have just been watching my portions of everything I eat as well as eating more fresh foods. Now that we are all done moving and the weather is improving(except for the stupid rain today) I am hoping to go for more walks with little bean as well as head back to the gym! I have found since starting on a vitamin B complex that I have much more energy so that helps immensely.

On Wednesday Dean and I got to go on a date to Chris Cornell, one of thee best concerts I have ever been to. It was his acoustic tour and it was so relaxing and mellow but yet so energetic! Zephran however woke up and freaked out for a bit I guess because we were not here when he woke up to eat. He is definitely a Mommy and Daddy suck! I definitely feel like Dean and I need to have more dates though or do more things together even if we have baby with us, I feel like our relationship when my PPD was bad was taking a hit and now that I am feeling better I feel like our relationship has definitely improved, relationships are not easy, they take work, but that work is worth it!

Not much else is new other than that however and baby bean is waking up from his nap so until next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment