I love Sundays. It reminds me of family and spending time with the people you love most. Walking around the mall today with baby strapped to my chest and holding hands with Dean, it made me so happy, I look at my life and sure there are some things I'd like to change like my motivation to get certain things done but then I think about my life and how I have a wonderful fiance who takes good care of me and our son, we have a baby who is happy and healthy and striving and I am in good health and so is Dean. We have it good, better than a lot of people and I am ever so grateful for my little family!
I looked into the Doula certification and am hoping to take it in may through CAPPA, I contacted the lady who is running it and she may not be teaching it, if that is the case I may take it through DONA instead or through birthing from within, however if I take it from birthing from within then we have to go to Edmonton and that is a bit more of a hassle than Calgary as we have family in Calgary and have no where to stay in Edmonton for the few days we'd be there. I am sooo excited to take the course and to be on my way to assisting women in their births and helping them achieve their ideal birth. I know how important it is to have the support system and to be an educated parent to be, to know what my options are and to know what is and isn't true. Unfortunately a lot of parents to be are not educated and go in and listen to everything the doctors and nurses say, however a lot of what they say is not the truth and they use their wonderful scare tactics of "if you don't do this your baby will die and its all your fault." I was very glad I was educated. OF course sometimes even when you are educated, things don't always go as planned, this was my case in a lot of ways but I still stuck to my guns and made my decisions with a lot of thought. Anyways enough rambling, I am just excited and so very passionate about birthing and parenting in the most natural sense and helping mothers and their families.
We are taking Zephran swimming tomorrow for the first time, quite excited for this! We got little blue shark swimming trunks for him, seriously they are so cute! I hope he likes swimming, I think he will as he loves bath time. I am also going to start getting up earlier as I am starting to get used to it already since baby has been getting up at around 7 in the morning, this will give me time to go to the gym everyday and hopefully start to lose weight and tone up! I know I will never be a size 2 and maybe never even a size 10 but I want to lose some weight and just be healthier! I am aiming to go for a walk everyday once it is nice out, especially since we have a park about about a 15 minute walk from here that I know baby will enjoy!
Well I seem to be out of things to say for now so I am off to have a nice hot bath and read for a bit, until next time!


0 comments:
Post a Comment