I think i'm better than you!

Friday, March 11, 2011
My friend Sara posted this on her blog, it stole the words right out of my mouth, she is pure awesomesauce so here it is!


I THINK I'M BETTER THAN YOU

"No, actually I don't, but if that's what you want to think, because it makes it easier for you dismiss my opinions, please, by all means...

I don't think doctors know everything. I don't think they're omnipotent gods. They are people, just like you and me. They make mistakes. They take shortcuts. They have bad days. They have momentary lapses in judgement. They even sometimes LIE. Or do things they shouldn't because it's easier for THEM. Not all, not most, maybe not even many. But it does happen.

Doctors fill a very important role in society. If I break my arm I want someone trained to cast it. If I get in an accident and my insides start spilling to the outside, I want someone trained to put them back in the proper place and stitch me up. If I scratch my knee, am I am going to get a surgeon to put on a band-aid? No. If I have a headache, am I going to go to a doctor for a lobotomy? No.

So if I plan on having a NORMAL birth with a NORMAL baby, why would I go to someone who doesn't have experience with that? I bet if you legitimately asked an OB how many babies "they delivered" where they just sat back, watched what happened, and didn't intervene, they wouldn't be many, if any at all.

Despite what I believe is sound logic, I am a quack, an idiot (and at the same time, also a knowitall - funny how that works), and worse, A BAD MOTHER, or that I'm going to KILL my babies by thinking this way.

My oh my, where would the human race be without such a superior obstetrical practice that's only been in existance around a hundred years? EXTINCT"

0 comments:

Post a Comment