So as I was browsing through some of the blogs I follow I came across a post about happy places, I haven't had time to really blog since before having Zephran so I decided to catch up on reading some of my blogs I used to read on my old blog and I thought this was a neat idea! I think about my happy place often though not always. I decided to partake in writing about happy places which is part of a blog hop I think its called, I hadn't heard of a blog hop until tonight and it seems like a pretty sweet idea to read other women's posts and maybe have them read mine in return. So here goes nothing!
My happy place is somewhere in Europe, where exactly I haven't yet decided but it would probably be some quaint little village in Scotland where everyone knows everyone. I'd own a quiet little coffee shop that also doubled as a book store and had weekly babywearing and peaceful parenting classes as well as birthing classes because as well as being a coffee shop/bookstore owner I'd also be a midwife. Now some people would choose to leave there friends and family behind but I want them with me, without them I would not be who I am nor would I be happy. Dean wouldn't have to work so bloody hard and Zephran well he'd be doing what he does best, being cute of course (I may be biased however since I am his mom!). We'd have a two storey cottage like house not far down the road with plenty of little animals for Zephran to play with and I would have time everyday to lay in my hammock and read in the backyard. Also we'd have a huge bathroom with a claw foot tub. I'd be in the best shape of my life, not skinny, not fat but just right which would be curvy, think Callie on Grey's Anatomy( Yes I just said that). In my happy place I wouldn't have to pump every 3 hours, I wouldn't have PPD and I would live life to the fullest and enjoy every moment of every day. In this place there would be no deadlines, no expectations, but just happiness, things would flow easily, people would respect others and Money wouldn't mean jack shit. In this place I would have time to go for walks, to bake cookies and to even possibly knit, yes that's right I enjoy knitting! I'm pretty sure this includes most of everything I envision in my happy place. OH, and I would have a washer and dryer, and could take daily showers, I swear you never realize how awesome showers are until you you sometimes don't get to have them daily! I also wouldn't think negatively about myself or who I am as a fiance and mother, daughter and friend. Ahhh this place sounds nice. I'll leave it at that!


1 comments:
January 31, 2011 at 12:20 AM
Sounds WONDERFUL! You have all of the essentials there. Including knitting, and the claw-foot tub. :)
Post a Comment